Radon Training – Utah - CERTI Radon Training Programs

    You are currently here!
  • Home
  • Radon Training – Utah


ALL CERTI Entry Level Courses Approved

Link to Entry Level Courses

ALL CERTI Continuing Education Course Approved

Link to Continuing Education

In order to become a Certified Radon Mitigator in Utah, one must hold a contractor’s license to install a radon mitigation system. Several contractor license classifications can do this within the scope of their license – if they have the required radon mitigation certification.

Those classifications are:

  • B100 – General Building Contractor
  • R100 – Residential /Small Commercial Building Contractor
  • S200 – General Electrical Contractor
  • S210 – General Plumbing Contractor
  • S350 – HVAC Contractor
  • S354 – Radon Mitigation Contractor

Registration as a handyman does NOT permit installation of radon mitigation. Installing contractors must be licensed with the state.

Please note to contract without a license in the state of Utah is punishable criminally as a Class A Misdemeanor (up to a year in jail and/or a $2,500.00 fine per occurrence) and/or administratively with fine(s) and Cease & Desist Order(s). Administrative fines can be up to $1,000.00 for the first occurrence, $2,000.00 for a second offense, and $2,000.00 per day for subsequent offenses. So please get a license before you start advertising or contracting any work requiring contractor licensure.

To learn more about Department of Professional Licensing (DOPL) requirements – review our website dopl.utah.gov  for more information including application for licensure and access to the state laws and rules governing construction contracting.

The next step for a Certified Radon Mitigator is to get Certified through AARST/NRPP or NRSB.

As a Certified Radon Measurement Professional, there are no licensure requirements other than you must have a business license with the State of Utah.  It is highly recommended that you become radon certified as a measurement professional to test for radon in homes and buildings.

Continuing Education credits would need to be taken to keep the NRPP or NRSB certification valid.

Utah Radon Fact Sheet

Utah Radon Fact Sheet 05.10.22

2023 AARST Radon Report Card