What does it cost to get certified?
Measurement Certification – Approximately – $625 – 665
1) Take an approved entry level course – Entry Level Course – $325
2) Take the National Certification Exam – Examity – between $100 and $140 – more information on exams
If you need to have a proctored exam – this cost varies and can be obtained directly from NRPP
3) Send in your Application for Certification to NRPP – Approx. $200
Mitigation Certification –
For Mitigation Certification Only – Approximately $1,035,
For both certifications – Approximately $1,375*
* For Mitigation certification you need to complete approved entry level courses for both Measurement and Mitigation, but you do not have to get both certifications although you are eligible to do so.
1) Take approved entry level course – Entry Level Courses – $695 (both Measurement and Mitigation courses)
If you have previously completed an approved Measurement course the Mitigation Course only is $475
2) Take the National Certification Exam – Examity – $100 to $140 (depending on which certification you choose) you can do either just Mitigation or both. More information on exams
3) Send in your Application for Certification to NRPP – Approx. $200 (for each certification) – again you can do either just Mitigation or both.
After I become certified, are there special requirements for maintaining my certification?
National Certification is typically for two years. To renew you will need to pay the certifying body’s renewal fee after showing proof of taking continuing education classes. Not to worry, CERTI has many relevant and convenient CE courses to assist in the recertification process. In fact, you may want to consider some CE courses like the Train the Speaker program that can help you market your new business. In other words, you don’t have to wait until the end of the two year certification term to benefit from a good CE course.